Tips on Coverage for Military Smokers
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Life Insurance for Smokers and other Life Insurance topics.
Is Life Insurance Available for Service Members That Smoke?
The Veteran's Benefit Association Offers Life Insurance for Smokers. The plan's benefits include:
- Coverage is available in increments of $25,000 up to $300,000.
- These term policies allow service members to drop or add increments based on life events (such as marriage, birth of a child, etc.)
- Applicants must have prior or current Military service or be the spouse, child or grandchildren of a current or former service member.
- Applicants must be younger than 65; coverage is renewable through age 85.
- Changes in nicotine use will impact rates.
- Life insurance isn't just for those earning wages. Family plans can help cover the cost of final expenses as well as other expenses associated with the loss of family members.
Contact the Department of Veteran Affairs to learn about other plans available to smoker and non-smoker service members.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.